There are multiple ways to take your message to world. I find that using one platform to orchestrate all of my social media networks (twitter,FB, etc.) makes my life easier. I use Hootsuite. It is simple and best of all it can be FREE. Social media is a part of a larger cultural shift changing how work gets done, how people communicate and collaborate with each other, and how they buy products and services. Social communication done well increases productivity, saves money and time, and improves engagement and satisfaction. So digital and social media are not just tools and platforms but a catalyst for innovation and entrepreneurship. There are is so much coming at us so fast that it is best to learn one Network at a time. Remember there are few if any Experts in this field of Social Media. Using Hootsuite is one of many avenues to use out there. It just happens to be the one that I use on a daily basis. So what is Hootsuite? www.hootsuite.com
- Hootsuite is a website and online brand management service, which publishes to websites such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Foursquare, and WordPress. It is also a Twitter client. Note that it doesn’t interface with Pinterest yet. So anyone Pinning will have to wait.
So how does it work?
Once you have created your own Hootsuite account-FYI you will need a Twitter account (doesn’t mean you have to tweet) then you can begin adding your social networks into your profile. This allows you to set up posts, tweets or blogs on a set schedule, rather than going to each site and re-posting on everyone separately. Save tons of time and very easy to manage.
1. Already have your Facebook, Twitter, Blog and Instagram open for easier set up. This is assuming that you already have an account set up.
2. Add Hootsuite to your favorites button on the Top Right of your computer screen. Make going back much easier.
3. Always Google / YouTube it when in doubt.
4. For advanced Users don’t forget to shrink your URL links.